Leaf Cleanup Estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smithers, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Hi guys, i have to give an estimate for a leaf cleanup. Here are the specs:

1 acre lot, perfectly flat, with a lot of trees in the back yard. The lot is covered with leaves - no more than 2-8 inches deep. how long do you think it will take to complete?

My equipment:

2 people
    1 Exmark Lazer HP 44" with utravac
    1 Redmax 7001
    will use my F-150 8' bed to collect the shreded leaves.

I was thinking it would be about 3 hrs.

your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

george

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

3 hours sounds about right give or take. But, I would also include a dumping fee for your time to get ride of the leaves. Total cost about $350 I'm guessing.

3. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Guys, i have to say.....I am a little dissapointed that thus far 82 people have looked at my thread (and my sincere request for help) and only one person actually replied.

I always try to reply to anyone that needs help or a little encouragement no matter how basic or how difficult their problem seems to be.

LCME, thank you so much for the reply.

George

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

$325 is what I was thinking on this for you good luck

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

I just try to breakdown time, dont include it in anything and give an estimate per job. Im a solo so it is different for me. Seems like 2 guys could get it done in 3 hours. I just try to figure how long I am gonna be there and I want $35/hr, going rate in my area.

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a great idea. PM Bobby Gedd and ask what he'd try to get for it.

7. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

How many guys are working? I have 4 guys on every property. We've averaged anywhere from 30 mins to 1.5 hrs per visit on our residential clean-ups. The units we run are top of the line (Debris loader, 2 Little Wonder ground blowers, Red Max bps, Lazer Z HP 52" w/ UltraVac, etc.) Just by your description you're gonna pull out 10-15 yds of leaves. Your 150 will not accomodate all those leaves...I don't care how many times you run your Lazer.

A job like that in my area, would run $500-600 or better. You're looking at over $200 just for debris removal from the property. Gotta pay yourself $35 per man/hr. You'll get the work done in 3 hrs plus if the conditions are ideal. Calm winds, and dry leaves. I wouldn't dream of touching the property with any wind or after a rain. You'll kill yourself.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Are there more leaves (per square foot) on this property than the last one we talked about (1/2 acre job you did)?

Can you get the majority of the leaves close to your truck? How 'bout the back yard.. fenced? How much of the property is in the back?

Is there a wood line?

Did you get some Gator blades? Have you tried 'em out?

Do you have a large tarp?

Will you be bagging the leaves?

9. Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

Leaf removal sucks!

10. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

$.50 per minute per person............$50.00 per load to be carried off on a 16' trailer. If they don't like the price.....call another person.