Leaf cleanup minimums

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clncut, Nov 21, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut LawnSite Member

Do most here have a minimum price for doing cleanups? If so what are they? I have a 100.00 min but would like to raise it to 150.00. Seems as the years pass, we get faster and faster and most jobs are taking less than 1 hr with a 2 man crew.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

my minimum is making prodit. If thats 20 bucks then thats my minimum or it could be 150 bucks....really depends on the job.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same minimum as for any other kind of work, all depends how much there is, some lawns certainly are nothing to it, others are another story. Most of mine have been combined with grass cutting thus far, this helps keep the price of the cleanup down, leaves are just now starting to come down in earnest.
    Did two yesterday for 60 and 70, 2.5 hours and 130 total.
    I would've liked to get slightly more, but it was 1-stop shopping so it was a good deal.
    The grass was starting to lay down, just past ankle height, nice solid feed for the Wb, the leaves were decent too, nice and dry thou.

20-30 minutes with the backpack, almost an hour with the pushblower, right at another hour with the mower, then a quick run around with the trimmer, blam it was lawn cut and leaves cleaned up, done deal.
  4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I work solo...my minimum is $50 for those that take less than an hour.
  5. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a $150 minimum.

I tell people calling for quotes that up front. It weeds out the idiots that think you are going to do their 1/2 acre yard for $20!! IF the $150 doesn't scare them off, then I'll go out and quote.