Leaf Cleanup

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jake's Lawn Service, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Hey guys. Just wondering what I should charge for leaf cleanup. I am going to charge by the hour, so what should i charge? Remember, I am only 14 years old. I was thinking maybe $20 per man.
    Jake

2. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

dont start lowballing, atleast $40

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What are you using?

4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on the equipment. If you are only using rakes then you can't be charging $40.00 per hour

5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

If you're working alone and using rakes only, I think I'd go by the job rather than by the hour. A lot of people don't think cleanups/leaves are as hard for younger people as us old guys. (LOL) They're rough at any age. They probably won't pay the deserved hourly rate to you. Guesstimate your time, multiply by what you think your (our) time is worth and there is your charge.

Remember, don't kill yourself for free. Get what you think the job is worth or let them (the homeowner) do it.

Good luck....Jim

6. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I couldnt agree more!!! Just dont give work away!!!!! thats why they are HIRING someone to do it for them.

7. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

This Year I will be using a Billy Goat Walk behind blower and a leaf vac. Next year I will have a collection system for my ZTR. On some of the yards, I will be able to just blow the leaves into the woods.
    Jake

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would think around 45-50 bucks an hour w/ the Billygoat. you know about how much area of different thicknesses you can move in about an hour, right? Do NOT tell the customers that! Just bid the job as the job. They will see it and figure it will take you quite a while to move that many leaves. It is YOUR business that you just happen to own a portable windstorm to help you.