leaf cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Aug 15, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if it would be worth getting into leaf cleanup this fall. Currently I am working solo. My town has road side pickup of leaves though out the fall. I was wondering what an estimate of an hourly rate would be using a shindaiwa eb630 and a tarp to get them out to the road working solo. Second if I wanted to buy another piece of equipment to help what would you suggest if i am looking to spend under $800. A push blower or another top of the line b/p.

2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Steve,

Push Blower all the way.
    They will help you move a lot of leaves.
    I will tell you first hand that the new style little wonder blowers are the best. I have 9 HP Hondas on mine.

3. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

A mulch kit for your mower then a little wonder should help ya.

4. stevesmowing

any idea what I could be looking to make per hour on cleanups. Mowing i figured it out to be about $22-30 an hour. I am only 16 years old. Is it worth having a 2-3 man crew for leaves?

5. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

Little Wonder blower with a minimum 8 HP motor.......no doubt. Charge $1.00 per minute with $30 minimum.

6. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes 2 is good depending on size you want 75hour for 2 if you have good tool real good the price per hour goes up.

Which means you will get out early.

7. stevesmowing

What are thoughts as far as little wonder, giant vac, and billy goat. Did i miss any others?

8. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

bought a used little wonder 9hp honda.
    Works great, although i have to bag in my area... I think the higher horse power wb blowers would suit you great since u just have to pile it in the street.
    I think that 2 people with back packs prefferably echo pb-650+ or redmax eb-7001+ and 1 person with the walkbehind is an ultimate leave moving force.
    As the one person stands in front of the wb and the other backpacker stands behind knocking the pile down and getting all the straggling debris, then letting the wb do all the heavy moving!

9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

send the work to us... Hey now thats a great idea!!:cool:

10. stevesmowing

whats the pricing on a little wonder 9hp honda?