Leaf Cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sclark25, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Sclark25

Sclark25 LawnSite Member
    from Lubbock

I have been doing several lawn cleanups, I was wondering how much should I charge for a leaf cleanups as in per hour.

2. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i do like 125 first hour and 75 an hour after that

3. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't charge anything less than 65 per hour ...just depends on your equipment and how much overhead you have ...c

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I was at $60 an hour, but it's definetely going up after this year. Not sure, but looking like $70-$75 an hour with a one hour minimum.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

As a rule I don't tell what I think you should be getting per hour for a job for many reasons. I could tell you to use the search feature to find 100's if not more posts on the "what should I charge" question.
    I am not being mean, I am being realistic. I have no idea how you run your business. Do you run all push mowers? Do you have 4 employees? Are you a legit operation with insurance, pay state and federal tax, have all the licenses that you are required to have to operate? Do you have equipment to do a leaf job? And on and on.

You have to put the pencil down to find out what it takes to break even and then make a profit after that. Lots more involved than me telling you that you should get $XXX.XX per hour. The guys above have given you their pricing structure and that may be a guide for you. Don't use it as YOUR pricing as you may find out that what one guy gets in one state will be much different that what another gets for the reasons stated above.

You are in the Lawn Business, you got the lawn part covered now focus on the business. Good Luck.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Well put!!!