1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf collection for lazers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomoaktree, Feb 12, 2001.

1. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Thinking about buying the ultra vac for my lazer. What do you guys think,is worth it?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have it, and it works great. I've used it all fall and winter for leaves. I will continue to use it until spring cleanups are done and then back to mulching.
  3. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I use the ultra vac for leaf clean ups and it works well. The only problem is that it doesn't hold very much. I have the ultra vac on a 48" LZHP. If I use double blades it will hold more but I have to go over the property two or three times do to the blow-out. I've never used another bagging system so I have nothing to compare it to. Overall it's engineered wonderfully and only takes seconds to istall/uninstall. I will be selling the 48" soon to buy a 72" and I will upgrade to the new ultra-vac in the fall for leave removal.
  4. tomoaktree

from WNY

Sounds good.I like the idea of quick disconnect.It 's got to be better than taroing everything.What is the double blade thing your talking about?
  5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Here we go again!!!

Double blades are when you put two blades on each spindle, instead of the usual one. It's worth looking into if you are not familiar with it. Either way this is not the thread to discuss it and before you poats any more questions, at least do a light search through Lawnsite and learn the basics. Seach feature is up at the the top right under the banner......try searching for "double blades" and click match any.
  6. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

Grasshopper has a trailer leaf collection that will fit a lazer and you can use the exmarkultra-vac than run the hose to the grasshopper collection unit. holds 27 bushels and you just tow it behind.
  7. tomoaktree

from WNY

Hey , that sounds like a lot of leaves. I like it and will look into it. Also sounds like it could set me back a little. How much counter weight up front?

8. phibrall

phibrall LawnSite Member

Don';t know where you are located but I have a brand new one for sale for you. for $450. I went out of buisness and it is all that I have left to get rid of . My email address is phibrall2@yahoo.com and my number is 804-740-5164 contact me if you are interested. Jay thanks and good luck!
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

phibrall, you need to look at the dates of the posts you are replying to. These threads are over 6 years old.
  10. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What exactly are you selling? I might be interested.