Leaf Collection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by razorman, Oct 31, 2004.

1. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

I am having trouble coming up with a way to get grass clippings and this time of year leafs from my ztr hopper to the bed of my dump truck. Any ideas?
    Paul

2. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Search for leaf loaders on Lawnsite. From what I have heard they are worth the money. I would like to get one, but I don't have the truck.

Go to http://www.littlewonder.com for an idea of what these truck loaders are.

I know of a LCO around me that built his own hydraulic lift bucket system to load his lawn waste into his truck. Similar to a large trash truck with the lift mechanism. This would be awesome, but also costs $$$.

If you are looking for the cheapest way to load leaves, use a tarp.

Seth

3. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

That is the way I have been doing it,with only one person it is hard to do.
    Thanks Seth

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yes...these are a little costly, but effective if you have a use for them.
    www.dumpngo.com

tm12[1].jpg

5. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Yeah, walker-talker. That's what the LCO I saw had. Nice research.

Seth

6. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

I use a walker, walker has a bag that holds the whole hopper of grass/leaves (it cost me 80 bucks) and that works, however it gets heavy as hell when wet, I got wore out by the end of a day. I just built a mini leaf loader out of a spare engine/blower I had laying around. Its just a 6hp with a 6" hose on it. It is pretty slow, but I am no longer tierd at the end of the day from lifting that heavy bag. With the use of this one, I hope next year to invest in a REAL leaf loader, and the bigger the better. Hope this helps
    Aaron