1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ringahding, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

I have been doing it this way for seven years now. This way has freed up $$$ to purchase other equipment such as: New Skid Loader ~ New Back Pack Blowers ~ New mowers ~ Trucks ~ Snow Blowers

Yes that is a tarp, doubled up! Cables bolted to the floor, crawling underneath the tarp....ready to be connected to the chain.

We do not take on any landscaping jobs otherwise we would probably have a dump truck or trailer.

2. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

thats pretty cool if you have something to chain to, otherwise I dont see how it would work.
  3. ringahding

To be honest I have lucked out the past 6 seasons tying off to either one of my trucks or a tree or post. But the 1st year I made a wind off system at the very end of the trailer, which was actually amazing to see it crank right off.
  4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that you have that bobcat a dump trailer makes sense. What hp is that leaf loader ?
  5. ringahding

I know that is right...I just am not looking to get into landscaping right now, I need to get into fertilization/weed control next season. This itself will stretch me out.
    The engine is 13hp Honda..
  6. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice! I have been doing essentially the same thing with a pallet in the front of the trailer and the chain hooked to the pallet. I then double the tarp up and put it on the floor. If you get a chance - could you take pics of how you have the cables run. Thanks!!

JLSLLC LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice setup!
  8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

What's the skid steer for if you don't do landscaping?

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

If nothing to tie onto you could use a ground anchor. They use them for off roading when you need to winch but nothing to tie onto.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a good idea they charge us $25 for a pull when we dump limbs and they are tearing up the trailers. Ops then I would have to take a second person to the dump.