leaf dumping?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Remsen1, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you dump leaves? I can no longer afford the time it takes to bag them and leave them on the curb at the customer's property. I have some options that I know of, but I want to hear some more creative ideas.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LOL...its called a country road. Just drop your tailgate down and floor it.

Seriously though, perhaps talk to some friends or relatives that you know in the area that owns some property that you could pay them rent a month to dump the leaves on

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

on my property

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

talk to people who have gardens,or just need it for compost,i have 2 family members who have big gardens i dump my leaves at there houses and they just tile them up in there gardens

5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Contact your local sanitation department.

Where I am dumping is a per ton fee. We don't dump at the town anymore. There is a facility close to me and it went up to $52.50 per ton.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

You can also check with local nurseries. Many nurseries will take shredded leaves in the fall. They use the leaves to cover their stock over winter.

Many private,as well as town facilities will accept them to make compost with. Unfortunately we have to pay to dump our trucks. :cool:

7. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I dump leaves at an organic compost site. The guy takes leaves, grass, mulch, manure, just about everything but brush. The best part is that it is free. I know some guys that dump at a farmers place. They either trade thier services or give him a couple of bucks. All farmers have a bank that they dump over. There ought to be some farmers around, because I have a camp up by you and know a couple.

8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i dump mine at a farm for 10 bucks a truck load