Leaf/Grass Bailer?? Any interest?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yz250fpilot, Aug 3, 2004.

1. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

I know a guy that is getting ready to market a towable or attachable device that bails grass/leaves/sticks/whatever is on the lawn. The device would attach or ride on a ztr or a rider. Would any of you be interested in a bailing device for your lawncare?

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

growing up on a farm, I sure would. It would be awesome to have compaction capabilities

3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

As with anything, show it and the price tag to me, and I'll let you know if I'm interested. I am Very interested in the idea though, would make the waste a lot easier to handle.

4. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I volunteer to test it,since I'm in close proximatey(sp?).I've got the "mother of all tests" lawn.I'll let it go one week and see how it bails it.Then two weeks.

5. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I would buy one in a heartbeat. What a time saver.

6. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Let's see it................

7. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

What kind of mowers do you have Nick? The bailers are ready to be fitted for demo.

Steve

8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Couple of things..As long as the twine is biodegradable, and the price isn't too steep....sounds great!

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Would not be a bad idea, but how would it work? Would you mulch and it would pick up the mulched clippings? The idea of bailed grass would have its advantages of easily loaded and unloaded.....what would something like that cost?

10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd love something like that during leaf season. Most of my current clients live in municipalities that pick up leaves that are on the curb, but next year, I'd like to get into some areas that don't. I don't have a large truck and leaf season in these areas is presenting quite a dilemma.

My thought was to either get containers I could pick up at the end of the day or week, or somehow package the stuff for later pickup. But bailing would do as well.