1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Job Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtree27, Dec 3, 2007.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

It me by my self 7 hours on a customers property to remove all the leafs and haul them off! I filled a 14 foot trailer 2 and half times! The bill is $415! Is that to much!! It seems like alot to me!!
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Then maybe you should give the guy some money back. :) Actually, I think you under charged. My price probably would have been twice that.
  3. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

you did good on this job.we are lucky to get over $45.00 per hour (per man).
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

7 hours using what kind of equipment ?
  5. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I agree with this guy on cost.
  6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

You should have charged at least $625
  7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Forget about the time for a moment because I/we don't know what equipment that you were using. If I filled a 14' trailer two and half times my charge would be somewhere between $800-$900. Of course, your market may not allow that. But on the surface, it appears you undercharged.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

There's no telling, are you talking about a trailer with or without sides (and how tall), or is it a vacuum thing with cover?
    Did you have to cover a dump fee?
    If so, how much was it?
    Per load, total?

As for the hours you put in, when I first started it used to take me twice as long as it does today.
    So I couldn't get away with charging 60 an hour back then, more like 30...
    Even today I don't get 60, certainly not for driving.
    But I get paid the entire time, driving too, just not a lot for that part.
    So did you exclude or include the driving part in that 7 hours?

See, too many things I don't know.
    Three trips is probably worth 45-60 in and of itself, depending on distance it could include unloading.
    But all in all I think that price was probably fair, if you still feel it's too much go ahead and adjust it some, but you have to know.

Maybe give more details.
  9. kevhov

kevhov LawnSite Member

I did about a 1/2 acre the other day with a walker. I filled a 5x8 trailer with 3 foot plywood sides 3 times I dump on my own property and the guy lived real close. It took 4 hours all together. I charged him $300 for the cleanup and $100 dump fee. He was happy and gave me more work. I'm new so it was worth getting in the neighborhood and beeing seen. I even got some questions and gave a few neighbors some cards. Actually this was my first ever leaf cleanup and I think I priced it well.
  10. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

hey realtree, you from OKla?