Leaf Loader Box Setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I have a 6' X 8' enclosed box on the back end of my trailer. I have the Leaf Loader mounted in the front. There is about a 1 foot difference between the hose and the enclosed leaf box. How should I connect the two? Here's a picture of the setup. You can make the picture bigger by clicking on the bottom right. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. indybrian

indybrian LawnSite Member

Cut a hole in the top area of the box on the side the loader is mounted. install a round piece of metal duct work the size of the inner diameter of the loader hose. Attach the loader hose to the piece of duct work by using a hose clamp big enough for that size application or screw the hose to the duct, and YES they do make clamps that big. Buy a large light canvas or heavy nylon tarp and cover the top of the box. strap it down with bungees. Tarp keeps the leaves in and the hose aimed toward the front of the box so you will get maximum fill. You're welcome, lol.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Why don't you make the point of entry on the side, where the blue X is? As far as connecting it to the box, there is real no need to, unless I am missing something. I will show a picture of my setup and there is no connection.

Attached Files:

4. walker-talker

from Midwest

This is how mine is and is NOT connected.

Grain Truck-discharge tube support-closeup.jpg

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nice looking hook up there

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

The bed in the up position. Comes back down and is perfectly lined up everytime.

Grain Truck-discharge tube mount.jpg

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats a great idea. You never have to worry about unhooking the hose or anything.

8. uspw

uspw LawnSite Member

Same Here Man, We Have About A 1/4 In. Clearence Between The End Of The Chute And The Hole In The Box. We Then Cut Strips Of Rubber And Framed The Outside Around The Opening For The Chute. I Am Not On My Pc Right Now, But I Will Post My Pics When I Get Home, Or You Can Go Into The Pictures Forum And Look In The Thread Entitled "bring On The Leaves."