leaf loader boxes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Nov 21, 2005.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

i bought a little wonder leaf loader last fall.i have it mounted on a truck with a truckcraft dump insert.we made a box out of 2x4's and plywood.iwas just wondering if any company commercially produces one.also does anyone have pics of theirs/what are the rates charged for leaf loader use?thanks!
  2. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

You can have a fab shop custome make one out of aluminum do a search in the pictures forum I know theres acouple guys with ones that have some pics posted. I have the same exact setup with the ezdumper, plywood works just fine for me and it can be easily taken apart and stored. As far as charges I get 75 per box just to suck piles up, some people get more just depends on how big your box is and how much leaves you can hold. I only have a 11hp tailgate loader so it doesnt pack the leaves in that great but it will still hold a pretty descent amount
  3. Greenbrier

Greenbrier LawnSite Member

Could you please post more info on the leaf loader. I don't need it this year, but I will purchasing much equipment for next year and will be doing large properies. Thank you.

4. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

the leaf loader is a 11hp billy goat tailgate loader, this is the second season using this setup and its working fine, the loader just sits right on the tailgate the only thing thats a pain is it has to come off every time I dump so I always have to have a second person give me a hand but it works out fine cause I have anywhere from 2-4 employes with me during the leaf season. It is a good machine but I will def be upgrading next year to atleast 20 hp, the bigger the better when it come to leaf loaders.
  5. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I just bought a new billy goat today 18hp vtwin model, will hand it from the dump truck tail gate this year and buy the swing away hitch mount next year or fab my own.
  6. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

cntyboymc truckcraft makes one. it is custom made to fit right over their dump insert. i saw it at expo its not on their website yet, give them a call. it is really, really NICE:cool2:
  7. higgyandson

higgyandson LawnSite Member

We have a "Giant" 16 hp V-twin with the swing-away mount. It has handled everything we've thrown at it and only plugged once (operator error) because we sucked up some weeds with dirt on the roots and other mud gunk left by a customers' gardener. Made our own box out of plywood with swing open doors.
  8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

never used a loader, but picking up my 18hp billy goat tomm. how quick are they at loader huge piles of leaves????
  9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

How tall is your box? When I had the lw leaf loader, it was just too damned tall for my tastes. The box I built on the trailer was 9ft tall, 10+ over all from the ground. I was always worried it was going to blow off going down the highway. Were I to get another leaf loader, I wouldn't get the lw because of that height issue.

What I did like was the fact you could spin the shute around and blow the box out when full, though.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My 16hp Lesco will suck up a pile 75' long, 6' wide and 4' tall in about 20-30 minutes. It's not so much the time they save loading, but the pains and aches they save, but that's just my .02