Leaf Loader HELP@!!!!! Cant start. Need to know brand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Nov 30, 2004.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Help. worked great for a few weeks. took off truck and now no spark.. cant figure it out.. help me find the brand of this loader..

Also there is a slide lever thing., i think its the trottle. mabe i moved it when i took it off truck.

help

leaf2.jpg

2. CrewCutEnterprises

another shot..

Someone name the brand 11 hp brigs engine with low oil alert

leaf.jpg

3. CrewCutEnterprises

please help

another pric. jason

leaf3.jpg

4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

maybe a Giant-Vac

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Discharge chute looks odd....never seen one with that shape.

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Brand i do not know. As to your no-spark problem, the thing with the slide that you bumped... is the throttle setup so that when you turn the throttle all the way down it shuts off the engine? if so, it sounds like when you bumped the slide thing, you pulled a wire loose. There is a little small clip that holds the end of a wire. That wire runs from the ignition module to the clip. When you turn the throttle all the way down, it makes a contact between the wire and the ground. This "shorts" the ignition, cutting spark power to the engine's spark plug. So, if you pulled the wire loose accidentally, it may be touching a grounded part of the engine, thus having the circuit shut off continually. If you read all of this and look at your engine you probably will see what i'm talking about. if not, I'll scan in some pages from a repair manual or go take pics of my vac unit that is like that also, then you will know what i'm talking about. I'm pretty sure this is what you did, somehow? LOL.
    Good luck with it. let me know if you don't get it fixed i'll be glad to help. it has to be something simple and thats about the only thing you could have done to stop the spark.

7. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

That is a Landscape Supply Leaf Vacuum.
    Here is a link to there website. www.landscapersupply.com
    You might also want to look at the intake hose end. There may be a safety switch on the end of the housing that may have gotten bent or detached somehow. Also check the kill switch maybe a loose wire, and last but not least does it have a low oil alert system? If so add some oil and you should be able to get it started. otherwise I would check the plug wire, and points.

Jason

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

As Jason said, there may be a safety switch on the intake hose, so that if the hose is disconnected, the vac will kill itself so no one gets sucked in! I did not think about that, as my vac does not have that "feature" (probably made before they put switches on them) but i should have thought of that, my Echo handheld blower/shredder vac has that annoying switch on it's intake screen/tube area.

Other than that, and maybe the low oil alert system, there shouldn't be anything that you could have bumped when taking it off the truck, that would prevent it from starting now.

9. CrewCutEnterprises

You guys are a godsend, as is this site.

As it will be raining tomarrow. Ill fix it then, but right now i have 7 job sites with big piles of leaves.. Ouch.

FrankenScagMachines - Thanks alot. I will check that. when i pulled the plug out and grounded it no spark but when i was shaking the truck while pulling once in a while it would spark. I will check that. I now know that is the throttle. This also has a separate on off switch.

But. when the throttle the the left side. i think turtle or off. the light on the low oil alert will like pulse or flash. whn the throttle is to the right. Rabbit. it doesnt fash. but either way no spark. I found out it had no spark when i resorted to starter fluid. yes.. it was one of those days.

jpmako. thanks for naming the brand. dident see it on the website though

Also i think it was something i bumped. ill let u guys know tomarrow as to the "problem"

Thanks alot.

10. CrewCutEnterprises

ok, next day

disconnected the wires near the throttle. one of them way directly going to ground?? well unplugged it and ran it all week. the on off switch still works too.. but if i touch connector it shuts off. no spark

but thanks all