Leaf loader info..............

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by burns60, Nov 10, 2005.

1. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone using the X-treme Vac-SCL leaf loader? Would like info on this. Does it mulch the leaves at all before loading into the box? I don't see this answered in the brochures on the WEB. How much is 10 cubic yards of leaves. Just trying to get an idea about how many yards I could do before dumping. Thanks if you have used one and could share some on this. Also, is the 27 hp KAW big enough to hold up? Price also?????????

2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Have not seen one in action but did look at them at the show last year. 14k for that unit was a little steap for me. However, if a man had the work it would pay for itself in little time (2 maybe 3 yrs). That Kawi is bullet proof and used in this market for dang near every application.

The guy was sucking up bails of hay with it last year. Pleanty of power.....

But like I said $14,000 was the show price last year so I would assume it is a little infated now due to steel and fuel costs.

Tim

3. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

From the looks of the (20" T1 steel) impeller, I'd say that it would grind leaves to dust. To give you an idea of what 10 yards looks like; A tandem dump truck will hold about 10 yards (give or take) of material.

4. burns60

Not much response on this particular unit....but thanks for what you do know,and answering my questions. Maybe there are more popular makes of loaders that we should ask about. I may try that on a different thread. Also plan to call X-treme company tommorrow and get some more particulars.

5. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

burns,

Where in N. Mississippi are you located? I am in Southaven just under Memphis!
    Tim

6. burns60

Tim, south of you a bit.........Columbus.....

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A 6x12 trailer with 2-foot solid steel sides (like mine) holds 5 cubic yards of material when filled flush to the top of the sides, maybe a little hump in the middle but definitely UP right to the top edge of the sides.
    So, two o'dose :)

With leaves, no problem... Rocks, wood, or dirt is another story (weight).