Leaf loader inlet tube

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kassim503, Oct 4, 2011.

1. kassim503

kassim503 LawnSite Member

I heard that one can replace the leaf loader intake hose with a 45* pvc bend & pipe, and it is supposed to work better than the flex hose clog wise. I think this is one of those ideas that are great on paper but a disaster in real life, what do you guys/gals think?

My leaf sucker sucks and I wouldnt mind spending a buck or two to make it a little less frustrating to use.

2. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I like being able to give the flexable hose a shake to loosen a minor clog. If it were solid that would be about impossible. Also, thinking moving the solid pipe around would be a pita. Curious to hear others take on this also.

3. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Im with you keystone, having that piece of hose at the end makes it so much easier! Hey while we are on the subject of vaccums, I have my vac on the front of my trailer. Is it easier to make my upright shoot taller, or make a platform for my vac to raise it up to make the distance shorter?

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

What did you expect it to do? Do you complain when your air conditioner blows cold air too?

5. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh::clapping:

6. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Ferris.
    I would try to keep the shoot short and raise the vac, we shortened thecshoot on our giant vac and took the angle out of it seems to have been a good move for us. Good luck. As for a solid pipe for the intake sounds like it would be a monkey to work with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. kassim503

kassim503 LawnSite Member

Yeah, as much of a good idea as it sounds i think it just wont work out with staying on the ground, the pipe would have to be set so it dosent bottom out at maximum gvw but then with an empty bed it would probably sit too high.

I actually shortened the hose by 2-3 feet and it works so much better. there is a section that got smushed up by the p.o. that i might try to straighten out before season heats up

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i think having a hard pipe would be a pain to try to use and move around...my setup has a hard pipe from the loader into the truck thought and that has been working pretty well