leaf loader is great

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Dec 4, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

this is my first season. I was lucky enough to come across a used 11hp billy goat leaf loader. It was mint.Hardly looked used.( it looks used now by the way). It is a great machine. It plugged a few times with wet stuff. But all in all , very nice. It made cleanups easy, I was dreading them for my first season. With the ultra vac on the z and the bagger on the 36" wb. It was nice...
    If I was buying new, i would go to the next size bigger, but the 11 hp works well..
    wish list for next season, dump box for pick up(unloading leaves sucks) and little wonder blower. Back pack works, but there situations where a bigger blower would be better.

Just my thoaughts...
    :cool2:

2. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

how much did you
    have to give for it?
    thanks

3. PRO PROPERTY CARE

They sell for 3400 plus 15 %tax new canadain here, picked it up for 2300 no tax.
    Looked brand new, like i said, looks used now...lol

4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I also picked up a used Billy Goat, 16 hp. It is in great shape. I only changed the plugs and it runs great. After the season I will do a full service. I (ashamed to tell anyone) got it for $350.00 from a company that went out of business.

5. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Pro prop, This was my first year the a loader (16HP Lesco) and it was nice not bagging leaves. If you get the dump insert and the Little Wonder blower with all your stuff you have you will be all set for next fall.

How do you like the 36" metro? That is on my wish list for spring.

6. PRO PROPERTY CARE

that metro is awesome. I have no compaints about it at all. Its a work horse, and goes anywhere I want it too. I use it for cutting well kept lawns too cutting ditches....
    and excellent for fall cleanups in back yards, where my z cant go.
    Im considering buying another one, probably the 48" with floating deck.:drinkup:

7. PKB005

PKB005 LawnSite Member

WAIT TILL YOU GET A LARGER LEAF LOADER 20 HP. OR MORE YOU WILL REALIZE BILLY GOAT LOADERS ARE IN THE AISLE AT TOYS-R-US. NOT KNOCKING YOUR UNIT BUT IF YOU EVER GET A CHANCE TRY A FREINDS GIANT VAC OR LIL WONDER

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

P P Care, put an ad in the Windsor paper looking for a dump truck or a truck with a dump insert. I hear there are some good deals coming from there. I bought one of mine from Kitchener and one from the City of Toronto. Your not real far from London so check out Associated Auctions they have them once in awhile too.
    1993 F350 4 door with a dump insert was under $2000. I robbed the dump insert out and am just finishing putting a stake on it to resell it. I should be able to make a few bucks and still have the dump insert for one of my other trucks.

9. PRO PROPERTY CARE

under $2000. thats a great deal. There is another lco here that has a used dump for 2000, but i figured I'd shop around a bit first. I would like to get a second truck for next year. A back up truck for plowing and cleanups. I like the idea of watching the auctions. Im not in a hurry. I want it for next fall.
    thanks for the help