1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf loader mounting ideas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by seacoastlandscape, Nov 8, 2004.

1. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

I have a ez dumper and just completed the box for leaves. I am looking for some ideas on how to mount my billy got 11hp loader. Its a tailgate model but my problem is sometimes i work alone and wouldnt be able to lift the loader on and off the tailgate when I need to dump. A swing away hitch wont work because I have to pull a trailer. Mounting it on the trailer is one option but I don't think 11hp is enought to throw debri through a long shoot. Any ideas or pics would greatly help.
  2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

mounting on the trailer i think would be fine how far do u have to go to throw it in the truck.... cant be more than 4 feet at MAX just get a BIG pipe to blow through something like a large 8in pvc type. make sure its smooth on the inside of the pipe this will allow for faster and smoother flow of the materials. 11hp doesnt seem like much for the other machines we use in the business but think about the wind force and volume that would be created in an 8inx4ft pipe..... ud be surprised how fat it could throw material......
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mount it on the passengers side of the cab protector. That how I mounted mine.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

5. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

EJK2352 do u have any pics of ur rig