1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf loader mounting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SimonCX, Sep 14, 2007.

1. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what you guys think of the double reciever hitch. I was thinking of getting one so I can mount my leaf loader with swing mount on the top reciever and the trailer to the bottom. I can't put it on the trailer because it won't fit on the tongue and the front of the truck is not an option. Also though of welding brackets to the dump insert tailgate but it would be a pain to take it off every time I had to dump, that is last if nothing else works. Anyone have pic's of a loader and trailer in back, I remember someone having this setup on a dump truck a while back but can't find the pic's.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Why not the front? My brackets and tray are being made this weekend for the front. It goes on just like my plow would (actually sits in the same brackets.) I dont have much room between my truck and trailer to mount it there plus its too much tongue weight. I even thought about making a portable set up for our leaf loader, it wouldnt take much to make and its always going to be out of the way. Something as simple as a cargo carrier, larger caster wheels and your pretty much set.
  3. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I would love to see some pic if you get a chance
    ericg likes this.
  4. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I found this post http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=167679&highlight=loader+dump+insert
    and was wondering how you have it bolted down? Will the plywood hold the loader without problems. I built a box but am finishing up the back and was wondering what kind of supports you have build behind the plywood to support the loader. Any one have pic's of setups like this. Thanks