1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Loader On Trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Sep 10, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I would like to see pics of the ways people have attached their leaf loaders to their trailers for throwing leaves into their boxed in trailer. I know there are some of you out there that do this, I'm planning on it too, and kinda wanted to see how you all have done this.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here are a couple of pics that may help give you ideas.

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I have designed on only on paper to this point. With my design you must reove the tailgate of the truck in order to do it. I am mounting mine 12" above the tounge of the trailer. The discharge shoot will be 6.5 ft from the bed of the trailer. I am purchasing a little wonder truck loader for the application. I'll submit pics later.

4. mtdman

Nah, I want to mount the thrower on the trailer or tongue of the trailer. I know a fellow LCO that does this, but I haven't been able to get a good look at his mount. And I want to be able to move the thrower on and off the trailer.

Thanks, though. Let me know how that LW loader works. I am very curious about that one.

5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine's <a href="http://hometown.aol.com/groundkprs/leafvac.html">Here</a>.
  6. mtdman

Got a closer or bigger pic of the mount?
  7. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Nice set up youve got there Jim, love the dump and its a fairly simple unit, mtdmaster ive been thinking about boxing in my other trailor and taking two pieces of 1/4" steel and welding rebar on the inside for my loader mount, im just going to weld the plate on the front of my trailor, ill also build it with enough room to get a 52" walkbehine and other tools on it, ive been useing tarps for so many yrs ive been procrastenating on using my other trailor for fall, if i do it ill post some pics........Marks Mowing Service
  8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

No more pics for a month at least. Unit goes in around late Oct and stays until leaves are done. My cage has a heavy expanded metal floor. Needed to raise unit about 6" for clearance, so it's bolted to 4x6 + 2x4 that are in turn bolted to floor. I like to use wood as an insulator mounting vibrating machinery; it may need replacement over time, but it's removable. Your mount would need to be specific to your trailer and expectations.

Just note that you want to aim the intake to the side if possible, not forward or backward like they are made to mount. My 10' hose reaches 10' from curb. Front to back mounts, with location & turning, sometimes only reach 4'-5' in from curbs. Saves a lot of loading time - I've run days without needing a rake to move leaves to the hose.
  9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

What did you use as a chute to get the leaves that high into the box. I need to extend mine also. Thanks.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

here's one

big bad ram 2500 (leaf-box).jpg