1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf loader pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mosmgras, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Put the box on today and snapped a few pics. Tomorrow I'm adding a solid top (with a vent) to try and cut down on the dust a little. Comments?

Leaf box front angle.jpg

Leaf box rear angle.jpg

Leaf box top.jpg

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I assume you use that trailer for other purposes? Thats a little overkill for leaves lol. Nice though.

3. mosmgras

from NC

Yea...

I use the trailer to deliver materials to my job sites. I was in need of a leaf set-up, so I used what I already had. As it is, it holds about 16 cu. yds. of leaves.

4. New Heights

New Heights LawnSite Member

looks good but, why didnt you mount the vac on the goose neck out of the way?

5. mosmgras

from NC

I thought about a front mount. I liked the idea of the rear mount for a couple of reasons. One, it's simple. With the loader mounted on the tailgate, the entire unit lifts off in one piece. Two, on the front mounts I've seen, there is some type of connection, either soft hose or a flange. It has to be this way because the box lifts away from the loader. Not having any experience with either design, I thought the rear mount would eliminate the removable connection thus eliminating a possible problem area, although, I have seen many front mount set-up's that seem to work well.

Either way, it works. I haven't found it to ever be in the way. Backing is as simple as backing the trailer alone. The hose stores on the passengers side, hanging on a series of rubber straps. It takes about 3 or 4 minutes to set-up and away we go.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

looks nice thats a big trailer.

7. n2ma

n2ma LawnSite Member

Did you take off the rear gate of the dump, then add a taller rear door? From the pics it looks like the entire reare swings up when dumping. Do you have some kind of assist on the door to keep the door up while dumping?

8. mosmgras

from NC

Yea...

The box has it's own door. It does hinge at the top. When dumping, the door swings open part-way on it's own. As the leaf 'brick' starts to slide out, I drive forward and the door rides up onto the leaves. I know it's empty when the door falls.

9. n2ma

n2ma LawnSite Member

The reason I ask is I have the double barn doors on our leaf trailer. The top 4' is plywood door with hinge like yours. The Door does swing up when dumping. The leaf log does spill out fine. The door just drags the top of it.
    That is a great leaf trailer. Our vac is mounted to the toungue. This year I wanted to use the 2" square tubes on the door to slide a 2x2 piece of wood in. This way the door opens like a big barn door and the leaves should spill out a little better.
    Here is a pic of ours.

dump trailer.JPG

10. n2ma

n2ma LawnSite Member

The front view of the loader

swamped with leaves.JPG