1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Loader Preferences.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andyinchville, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

HI All,

Just looking to buy a leaf loader to make next year's leaf collection easier....There are many brands out there so I was wondering which brands you think are best.....(maybe a list in descending order from best to worse?)....

I have heard that Lesco may be difficult to get parts for and since they are not big around here I may steer away from them....Currently, I am looking at a
    Billy Goat 16 HP unit locally but would appreciate any additional input as far as
    "preferred" makes an models.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I only have experience with the 16hp Lesco loader and it works well. When the leaves are wet it could use more hp. but overall a good grade. the loader has the Briggs Vanguard 16hp V Twin. The engine has been flawless. I don't know what the future holds for parts but I sucked rock and bent the impeller. I ordered a new one thru Lesco and had it within 3 days. I don't know what you will be loading but my setup works loading a 12' stakebody. Brinkman uses a Little Wonder,not sure on hp,to load the same size truck. Matt
  3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

First you must decide on price then you can decide. I went with a trac vac 11hp briggs loved it. Worked well in any condition. I went with price then i went with cfm. The billy goat 11 only had about 2000 the trac had 2700. The trac with swing away bumper was 2000 at power equipment a sponser is at the top of the page. The billy goat was 2600.
  4. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Giant vac 30hp Wisconsin:drinkup:
  6. ProGreenLawnService

ProGreenLawnService LawnSite Member

We use a 16hp Billy Goat. It has been great to us since we started using it. I would look into the 23hp if its in your budget. Also depends on how you want to haul your equipment around. The 23hp is quite a bit bigger.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I ran a 16hp Billy goat unit this past fall. It was not to bad and I plan on keeping it around. I'm also looking into a larger tow behind unit.