1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf loader Set up questions

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by crevinalandscapingllc, Oct 31, 2013.

1. crevinalandscapingllc

crevinalandscapingllc LawnSite Member

hey guys I was wondering where some of you buy that thick corrugated flexible hose that you attach to the end of your leaf loader and goes into the truck? I currently have a piece of aluminum heating duct but its kind of a pain.

2. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have a piece of that heavy 8 or 10 pipeing and it works great except it i have a square discharge tube and i hadnt had a chance to get an adapter made. So i just stuffed a couple of rags to stop the blowout. It helped a lot cause it was getting all over my mowers.

3. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Try fastenal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. NJ Grass

NJ Grass LawnSite Member

Oh man. I drove around for 3 hours looking for 8" or 10" corrugated drainage pipe Tuesday. I'm also using the aluminum heating duct pipe but its a major PIA! The only place I found that stocks it is called Kennedy culvert in Hillsborough nj. They sell it by the 20' section for $100-$120. I only needed 4' so I decided to stick with the aluminum. If you want to split a 20' piece let me know. Just message me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. NJ Grass

NJ Grass LawnSite Member

Actually your pretty far from there. U might try landscape and stone supply centers near you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I use a piece of 6" PVC to go from the loader into the truck. It's worked great so far and any plumbing supply house should carry it
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Stevenson plumbing supply on route 206, just south of Columbus
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JTLarson

JTLarson LawnSite Member

I googled 8" flexible hose in cities around me. Found a supplier of ducting/blower hose that had different kinds of Tiger flex and Kana flex tube. They sold it by the foot. I went thru dultmeier.com.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Look into industrial hose and rubber companies.