Leaf Loader, square vs round????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LB Landscaping, Mar 24, 2004.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'm shopping for a new leaf loader 16 horse to replace my 11HP. My local dealers sell Billy Goat, Lesco, and Little Wonder. Anyone notice any difference with the shape of the chute. Billy Goat's is round where as LW & lesco are both square, just wondering if there is a differnce in performance and clogging.

2. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Just bumping it, come on guys I know a few of you have loaders.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've got a square LW chute, works fine. BUT, read my comments about the LW that I've posted here before. Do a search. It's a good machine, but has it's drawbacks.

:D

4. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff- I have a 23 Billy goat with the round tube- Bigger is better

5. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks guys.
    MTD I read your posts last week sounds like the LW might be too big. Is it your first loader????

Joel, You said it bigger is definatly better. I am leaning towards the BG, but I think yours might be a little too big for my set-up. Do you have it mounted on your trailer or is it on it's own. I want something I can either mount on the tongue of my trailer or directly on my leaf box.

6. mtdman

Yes. And too big is an understatement, for my needs at least.

:D

7. LB Landscaping

from Maine

What are you using it on, dump trailer or dump truck???

8. mtdman

On a trailer, no dump. For me, it's too tall. The box I built was almost 9 ft tall off the ground. Just didn't work out right for me, the way I had it last year. I'm stuck with it now, so I've got to figure out how to make it work this year.

9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff- I was going to mount it to the front of my enclosed trailer, but as life is, it wasn't close to fitting. So I went out a spent so more money and bought and open trailer that was longer than the enclosed and had my welder cut the middle of the trailer so it would sit on the decking and then made a cage around the vac. I will try to take and post pics tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying to mount the vac to the fount of the truck for next fall as well. :rolleyes:
    BUT that vac is so powerful it's scary, the intake hose is 12'' and takes leaves faster than you can move the hose. Joel

10. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Too bad we weren't closer I might take it off your hands!!!!:D :D
    I need something that will pack my dump truck nice and full!!!!:laugh: