Leaf Loader Swing Hitch Mount question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SonShineSoul, Sep 13, 2004.

1. SonShineSoul

SonShineSoul LawnSite Member
    from MA

I plan on buying the Little Wonder Leaf Loader, and, I plan on getting the swing hitch kit. My question for anyone out there in regards to the swing hitch kit, is, does this swing hitch kit stay on by solely sitting on the hitch ball? Or does it bolt to underneath the truck at all? Seems like a lot of weight to only be on the ball. Also, the Little Wonder website shows mostly pictures of a regular truck. Can this be mounted on a Ford F350 Dumptruck as well? I would think so.
    Thanks!

2. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i got the 16 horse giant vac("16BVGHM") on the swing hitch kit

"does this swing hitch kit stay on by solely sitting on the hitch ball?" no

"Or does it bolt to underneath the truck at all?" you must have a min. class III

2" recever hitch ... i would prefer a class IV.

"Can this be mounted on a Ford F350 Dumptruck as well? yes... but when you order
    your leaf loader you will need a longer swing arm

the following is quoted from giant vac.com
    "* Swing Arm Extends 33" From Center of Receiver. Optional Extended Swing Arm Available for Wide-Body Trucks.
    Note: For extra-long models (11BIPHMXL & 16VGHMXL): Extended swing arm extends 49" from center of 2" receiver. For larger truck bodies an offset 2" receiver may be needed."

3. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

potchkins I have a billy goat will the gaint vac swing hitch work? Because i don't think BG makes a extended swing arm

4. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Check into Little Wonders swing hitch because it has 2 pin settings, 1 for pick-ups and the other for dumps or rack bodies (wider). I pick mine up on Thursday. It was more $$ then BG's but its much more rugged and the adjustable settings will be worth it.

Yes, it goes right in the receiver. I bought a double receiver so I can haul my little 6x8 trailer on small jobs with the blowers and tools. I would't dare haul the big trailer with it though.

Mike

5. SonShineSoul

SonShineSoul LawnSite Member
    from MA

Thanks! Thats what I was wondering about. I also need to haul my trailor (on the smaller side) with it too. Where can I get one of those double receivers though?

6. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Go on e-bay and enter "double receiver". A guy in Montana makes them, Mine is on the way should be here Thurs or Fri. His looks very rugged thats why I bought his, also he was great to deal with!!!!!. The ones from Northern tools look pretty cheaply made.