Leaf Loader??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by livingreen1, Nov 3, 2007.

1. livingreen1

livingreen1 LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy a little wonder leaf loader with 16hp vanguard. Just curious what you guys with experience in the leaf loader stuff think about this machine Thanks
  2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

if its used check the impleller to see how old it is. also, the tubes are expensive make sure its good too.
  3. livingreen1

livingreen1 LawnSite Member

The machine is pretty much brand new. I think it has 50 hours on it. The guy wants 2200 for it but I think I can get it for 1800 What do you think?
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Look close at it and be sure to hear and see it run. Something could of been sucked up to bend the empeller and make it viberate.
  5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought one brand new from dealer for $2100. So far I love it, the machine SUCKS! (In a good way). With the shredding of the leaves, we are getting a lot more material into the dump trailer than we would with tarping and packing. So far small sticks, wet leaves, etc., havent been a problem. We have plugged the hose, but usually a good kick to the plugged area of the hose takes care of the problem, we havent lost any time b/c of plugs. Just a note, Right now Little Wonder has a $100 rebate on their website, for the purchase of a new machine.
  6. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

What happend to mine a few years back the impeller had a hair line crack in it causeing a slight viberation. It was just enough to notice it. I would check the impeller to make sure it is not cracked. Thoose are expensive and are a pain to take off. I heard of the newer leaf vacs haveing an impeller that will come off a lot eaiser than the older one