leaf loader

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by sven1277, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning on buying a truck loader for the fall. Ideally I'd like the Giantvac 30hp wisconsin, realistically, I am looking at the 27hp Little wonder unit. It specs seem better than the giantvac 25hp unit as far as hose dia. and impeller size, not to mention the double loop handle. Any thoughts?

2. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

To add to your uncertainty, I have a Lesco, and am very pleased with it.

3. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Holy crap thats some serious horsepower for a truck loader.

4. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Some are made with 80+ hp.

5. sven1277

I have seen the common place 16hp units used and they are pathetic. I want a unit that will efficiently move volumes of leaves including wet leaves.

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a lesco 15hp & blew the engine. I replaced it with a 27hp Little Wonder. The Little Wonder was expensive, but will out work the smaller vacs 3-1. Wet leaves are a pain no matter what unit you are using, but the Little Wonder is better.

7. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Don't forget to review the Billy Goat DL2500S. It's got a debris reducing impeller with 6 blades and a volute housing for incredible suction at the quietest noise level for equally powered Truck Loaders. The Debris reducing "Razors" are on the outside of the impeller so they don't clog with debris like competitors. It has a 12 inch wide intake like the 25 hp Giant-Vac mentioned and has a higher lift velocity than both the Giant-Vac and 27hp Little Wonder mentioned. That is VERY important in wet leave situations. The Billy Goat hose is clear, so you can see what you're doing and it's 3 foot longer than the Little Wonder hose.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

8. sven1277

Thanks for the info. When comparing specs against the Little Wonder, the lw has a larger engine, bigger dia. impeller, larger intake, and is heavier. All this leads me to think it will do a better job.

9. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

I cannot stress to you enough get a demo. Specs and loudmouths like me fly out the window when the units are able to speak for themselves. You're going to drop over $5K in hard earned cash. Test the units in heavy debris before you let the specs sway you.

If you have any trouble getting to see a Billy Goat demo DL2500S don't hesitate to contact me. Our distributors have these for exactly that.

10. sven1277

I've found it tough to demo leaf loaders, but I will certainly try to demo both. My local dealer does carry both brands. Thanks