leaf loading set up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Sep 16, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

Ok, I have a billy goat leaf loader that sits on my trailer and blows into the back of my truck. I just boxed in the back of my truck 5' tall all around and left the back (above the tailgate) open.
    Will this work all right. My concern is the force of the blower into the boxed in pick up will force the leaves out the opening above the tail gate.
    Any thaoughts .... Im new at this set up, and there are no leaves yet too try it.
    Should it be a completely sealed box, with mesh openings somewhere.
    thanks for the help.
    mike

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

take a pic.i have a box setup like that for a wood chipper.the leaves will blow out i think.easy fix just put a tarp there with a hole for the loader hose

3. PRO PROPERTY CARE

Ill take a pic tomorow. I like the tarp idea.
    thanks

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

welcome.what could it hurt to tarp the opening.for 10 bucks for a cheap small tarp.post the pic.then maybe i could get you going in the right direction.or the box you made might be just fine to.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Alot of guys back home would box off the sides of their beds and for the roof they would fasten a grate down the middle of the plywood top allowing the debris airflow.

If you have a trailer with a side gate set-up you can simply mount the unit right there with the gate off and then simply swing the tube right on and off the trailer as needed from the port.

Shoots some debris right over the cab when the box is initially empty but its fall and hey -- the leaves'll be falling til the snow flies anyhow -LOL!!!

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. PRO PROPERTY CARE

Ok its painted and I put a hinged door on the back with a hole cut in the middle with a flex hose from the debris loader. I also put some vents on each side at the top. Ill post a pic in a couple of days.
    thanks for the help
    :D

8. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

pro property,
    I had a 16hp Parker debris vac, that I set on tongue of trailer. I would blow into back of truck, it did not work. My suggestion is to enclose completely.
    Do a search on this site, their are some really good ideas and pictures of the different setups.
    My problem was blowout and I was blowing wet grass. I never tried leaves, but am for sure it would not have worked.
    If you follow some of the guys ideas on this site it could work well for you. Some of the guys setups on this site are really well done.
    Good Luck,
    Bluemoon

9. PRO PROPERTY CARE

This is the almost finsied product.
    I still have to put the door on the opening above tailgate that will have a hole cut into it to allow the leafloader to blow into the box.
    Anymore suggestions.
    thanks
    mike

truck box.jpg

10. PRO PROPERTY CARE

another photo of the back view

truck box2.jpg