1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Pick-up what to charge and how to conquer new territory

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Tapr Lawn Care, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Tapr Lawn Care

Tapr Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have one new customer who wants their leaves picked up and I know if I get a good report from this customer than I will get a lot more customers in this same area. This client is about 20-25 minutes from my house and I have a half ton and a trailer, now I want the client to be happy with my work and my price, however I do have to drive 20 minutes each way. I can't charge too much or I won't get the extra business but I can't charge too little because everyone else will expect me to charge them the same way. I wondered what you guys did for leaf pick up. Should I charge by the trailer load, or hour, or amount of leaves? With a happy customer I could get a lot of business here. Any advice would help!

Thanks guys,
  2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Come up with a rate by the yardage....figure your gas per trip + your time spent loading + your disposal fees....figure up your price that way and charge per yard...DO NOT Short yourself....Ive done it and learned....then everyone on the block wants you...great...but you wont make money doin it for nothing.