Leaf Plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Just Cut, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any one has a leaf plow and to what success it was used:)
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have the jrco leaf plow mounted on a 17 hp kaw scag 48 inch walkbehind. I absolutely love it. i dont know how i did with out it. i just blow the leaves into a pile till it gets too big, and push them with the plow so i can suck them up for put them in the woods. i was thinking about buying another one to put on my 60 inch lazer. i highly recommend this attachment if you do a lot of leaves.
  3. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I've seen them advertised and wonder myself if they worked very well. Can you get them for ZTR's too? I'd like to get one for my Chopper. How much do they run??
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys, anyone have one on there tractor? or push mower? how easily could one be homemade?
  5. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested now too!! Can one be made to put on a craftsman mower? I would like to see some pictures if any body has any.. Later Snapper
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

heres a link to there site. yes you can put one on a ztr. Basically all you do is get the jrco mounting bar to put on your mower, and all their attachments just quick attach with 4 pins, so you can take them on and off real easy.
  7. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I too like the idea, but can you always get traction? A lot of cleanups I do involve heavy wet leaves and wet ground.
  8. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

2 yrs. ago, our Foreman and I fabricated a rigid mount leaf plow to our GS45 belt drive walkbehind. Made it from expanded metal and light angle and flat bar. Last year, he engineered and fabricated a way to "raise" the front of the plow on a hinge. We made it hinge so that when we are at the pile, we can pull a handle, attached to a wire to the plow, and it folds up onto the recoil area of the machine. As for traction, never had a problem. Although it won't ever push all the leaves, it gets about 80-90% of them. Then we go over the area gathering the rest of the leaves, blow them to the pile and vac 'em up. I don't have digital camera so I can't post pic. sorry..
  9. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a JRCo plow for several seasons and I really like it.

The biggest place the we use it is when we have a hill that is to steep to take the ZTR/vac combination and blowing everything will take too long. Mounted to my Scag 52 hydro W/B we can scoot up the hill and push everything down to get the Vac to it. It's a real problem solver.

My only complaint is that the metal is very sharp in a few places and can cut your fingers in a real hurry. Be very careful or wear gloves.