Leaf plows, do they work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

How good does these leaf plows work? I'm thinking of buying one for my walk-behind mower (eXmark). do they really do a good job? How many lbs. can they push? :help:

2. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they work great. I built one and used it for the first time last week. As far as how much they can push is mostly going to depend on the mower doing the pushing. Mine is on an Exmark Lazer Z which has no problem pushing.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They save alot of time!

John

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Bought one this year and love it, definatly worth the cash if you have alot of leaves.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

they work awesome.....i cant imagine doing cleanups with out them. we have two of them.

6. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

They probly work good , are they needed? I push leaves with my Lazer Z and no plow I am sure a plow would be better but it still pushes without the plow..... I dont know if they were low priced Id probly get one....

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I gotta tell ya that it does work but I did not use it this year. I have a JRCO that I bought last year and its sittin in the garage. I used it last year but this year I am mulching more than ever and I just dont have that many to push that cant be eaten up. I think if things were wetter the plow would be good but they are so dry they are turning to dust. I'm gonna keep it for a while more but it is like new.

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I have done it with out the plow before but it is nowhere close to what you can do with the plow. The plow on my lazer can move mountains I have seen it move much more then a 1000 pounds at a time. The only draw back is it packs the leaves real tight together and it can make sucking them up much harder on you. Hence the reason I went with a 20 hp vac instead of a wimpy 16 the 2 extra inches on the pipe solves all life’s problems. :rolleyes:

9. thisismurph

thisismurph LawnSite Member

love my leaf plow combined with the peco vac it saved me a ton of time!

leaf plow 006.5.jpg