leaf rake

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JTS Landscaping lawn, Oct 4, 2008.

1. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

was thinking of getting one the leaf rakes for from of my z master wondering if they work pretty good or not.

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

never used one but have heard on this site that they work wonders.

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have lots of leaves,and the property is deep. The leaf plow is worth it just plow them to the front of the yard,tarp them or suck them up with the Loader.

4. mlyons1

mlyons1 LawnSite Member

what do you with the leaves if you don"t have anywhere to dump them on their property?

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i usually call a day ahead to get a burn permit and then we burn them on site. i prefer to burn them on top of the drive way because clean up after is easier.

6. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

Yes they work very good. I have one I will sell you for 150.00 if you pay the shipping from N.C.. Will take a pict of it if you would like to see it. In great shape. I have two. Doesnt come with the mount for the mower. Lemme know. Thanks!!!

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Are you serious?!?

8. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Yea, I can t ake a pict tomorrow. I know it may be worth more than that. Its in good shape. Everything is only worth what people are actually willing to pay. I dont know how much it would be to buy a box and ship it.

9. JTS Landscaping lawn

JTS Landscaping lawn LawnSite Senior Member

if you get couple pics of it id pay shipping what you think shipping would run to 49428 michigan

10. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Ok I went to jrco website and it said the shipping weight is 70. Then I went to UPS.com and calculated it to 49428 at 75 lbs to cover box weight. It was around 48.00. I didnt get a chance to take a pict of it but I will tomorrow definately. Hopefully it will be less than that to ship. We have a UPS terminal not too far from my house. Thought about going out there and taking a pict in the dark. I guess I can try. I will see if the picts turn out.