Leaf Rakes

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ribit, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ribit

ribit LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a good leaf rake. I am constantly snapping mine in two pieces. Even the expensive one's. Thanks.

2. professional

professional LawnSite Member

I use a no-clog leaf rake. Got them at Home Depot. I say them, because I did break the handle on the first one I bought. I've had them for about six years. They really do work. I use the broken one around tighter areas since the handle no longer gets in the way. They work great together as big hands when picking up the piles of leaves and sticks. You never have to clean out the tines and they do not pick up much of the mulch in mulched beds.

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

I Use rakes from a local supplier but I think the brand is MID-West Rake. last year we snapped 16 handles this year 5 with more work......

4. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Stainless steel rakes from Lowe's
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you just buy some from Sears and when they break, take them back.

6. Thanksman

Thanksman LawnSite Platinum Member

sounds like thats a plan

7. bradsmowing

bradsmowing LawnSite Member

sears is the way to go

8. Km81

Km81 LawnSite Member

Same deal at Home Depot with the Ames rakes. 10 year warranty, and they swap them out on the spot

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have a no clog leaf rake i got at walmart i think...it's yellow and black....i think stanley makes it...the rake part is black plastic and the handle is fiberglass...had it for years never broken a handle on a rake in my life lol.

10. cvcook

cvcook LawnSite Member

Been using Sears for years!