Leaf Removal but not with the (cyclone rake)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by madmax, Oct 28, 2006.

1. madmax

madmax LawnSite Member
    from 65721

The other day I called to buy a cyclone rake. The person I spoke with, told me it would be at least 3 weeks to get one. Over two weeks to fill the order and than shipping. She told me that as soon as one leaf falls, all the lawn people call and want one, and well to get one I would have to call in Sept. I got the feeling that a 2000.00 sale just did matter to her. This company seems to spend a lot of money advertizing the product, I think they need to spend more money on shipping and customer service. I am always surprised at the lact of customer service I see in todays businesses.
    Anyway, does anyone know of other companys that sell the same kind of product that might want my business...

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I bet I can tell you this persons name too!:laugh: One I talked with was rude when I bought one and was even ruder when I sent it back! I will say though they do honor their guarantee.

3. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Madmax,
    Not sure about your location,but there is one on ebay right now with 2 days left................:)

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I got good and fast service on my CR, but I also ordered back in August and I know that was a slow time for them then.

wayne

5. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I tried to buy a generator just after Katrina and couldn't find anyone that could deliver one. I did buy a CR last month and got it in a week and received very friendly service.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

drpower.com it has a chipper.

7. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

:laugh: Just a bit of advice, If you are looking to buy a good snowblower, order it now, not the day after we get hit with our first good snowstorm.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ordered my cyclone rake before the leaves fell. Very friendly service. :dancing:

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I bet if the owner of Woodland Products (Cyclone Rake) saw this thread, he would have one sent out to you in less than a week, AND be looking into his "weakest link" in public relations.

9. Chuckie

Chuckie LawnSite Member

Or it could by like our business..........well I know it should only cost you 2400 dollars.......but for 5000 maybe i could move you to the front of the line...... but in actuality....most of us seasoned vetrans would take care of our core base of customers first and then just put the newcomers in line as the phone rings.......first come first serve

10. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

You are blaming the makers of Cyclone Rake for having a delay in shipping when you ordered during the busiest time? Hello? McFly? Sounds to me like poor planning on your part and you are trying to blame others for your failure. I bought my Cyclones (2) over the past two years, each in July to have time to prepare, that's called a business plan. Try asking Harry and David to send your fruit basket in one day at Christmas while you are at it, come on man think a little! Get the rake too, it's awesome