Leaf Removal Cost?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by jlauhoff, Oct 13, 2013.

1. jlauhoff

jlauhoff LawnSite Member
    from Wayne

Hello all sorry if this is in the wrong section I could not figure out how to post.

My question is about leaf removal pricing, earlier today I blew leaves to the street of a half acre property. Blowing into piles and then using a trash can to transport to street. It took about three hours in total using a backpack blower that is top of the line and a two rakes (one broke). I am an 18 year old college student who has been mowing lawns for years my typical rate for lawn mowing is $30 which I charged the same customer who I blew leaves for. My question is how much would you charge for that kind of labor it also took my mower two refills of gas.

2. thom

thom LawnSite Member

I am confused.
    How much did you charge your customer to do that leaf removal?

3. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a labor rate. Then I charge by the hour.

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Hourly rate (x) Hours + dump fee (x) number of trips to dump= price. Fuel should be figured into your hourly wage. If it took you 3 hours with one guy it would be $130 job from me, assuming It only took one trip to the dump
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Three hours would cost about $200 plus a disposal fee if I took the leaves with me. You need to charge enough to cover your time, fuel, and equipment. you will have to figure those numbers out yourself and come up with an hourly rate. Then just multiply your rate times how many hours the job took. Just charging for a regular mowing isn't even going to cover your costs.

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Try mulching first and then bag up with mower...much easier

7. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

3 hours I would of charged $150-$250

8. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

That works in southern areas, not in the northern areas. Its why wheeled blowers, large backpack blowers, leaf loaders, leaf plows, etc... were invented.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

$80/man hour plus disposal fee unless you're leaving it there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

$80 an hr would be hard to get around here. I charge $40. People always want to know "how much to clean up the leaves" as they are pointing to a tree full of leaves.