Leaf Removal ideas

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by LawnMowerKing10, Sep 19, 2010.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Now that mowing has slowed down I am getting ready to start leaf removal soon. I was wondering what are some quick and effective way you guys handle leaves . I dont own a leaf loader . I will use 2 back pack blowers , a 36 with a grass catcher , and a tarp.

I was thinking about coming by to do leaf removal every 2 weeks . I would come by and clean out the beds and mow up the leaves on the lawn . I would charge double the mowing rate ?

Any help would be great !

2. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Where I'm at I'll be lucky if I have any work from my customers especially leaf removal. Usually it does not take us any longer for leaf removal than mowing. So I don't see us having to charge more. And if we did I defintly would not expect any customers to want it done then. I think the tarps work the best.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I still try to do my accounts weekly in the fall. I'll blow out the beds really quick before I mow and then just bag the lawn. It works out very nicely for me because then I don't have to handle HUGE amounts of leaves all at once. I can just keep up on things and make sure that my lawns say clean each week.

4. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Man. I wish all of my customers were like yours. I think like you do but I guess mine are just to cheap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive done leaves this way and for the most part it worked out very well. The only time it bit me in the butt is on properties with a ton of trees and leaves. Ive since switched to a leaf loader and tarps. I am considering taking a mower with to use along with the loader.

6. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

yeah if you can... just keep mowing the lawn every 2 weeks or so...blowing out the beds and mulching/cutting/bagging the leaves up...if you stay on top of it you don't have to fool with tarps and loading them in trucks and stuff....i just keep mulching them back into the yard and it works fine

7. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

you guys that say you just keep mowing the lawns every week and just bag up the leaves must not have any real trees around you. i have yards that 5-6 days after we are there they are totally covered. there is no way i could clean them up with just a mower. some of them takes 3-4 hours every couple weeks to get done. i have a few that with the leaf loader i will fill the truck up twice each cleanup.

8. CLARK LAWN

9. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i guess there are some yards like that....most yards around here have very few trees in them....maybe 2-3 at most....there are some that have alot but it's not common around here....most houses have smaller trees in their yards that have small leaves on them or big pine trees...some oaks and such here or there

look at this house...no trees in it at all...just all yard lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  10. CLARK LAWN