1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Removal Income

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

How much do you guys plan on making for your leaf removal services? We'll have a good month and a half left here for leaf removal. We're looking at bringing in around 4500 total for this service this season. As you can tell it's not too much, but every little bit helps. Do you guys rely on this service for a much larger portion of your income? How does this service stack up in your neck of the woods?
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

it's the main way I make money, I make more then then I do mowingus flag
  3. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

Yes there is good money in leaf removal.
    I turned in a bid last month for a condo complex that was

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah but look where you are working :rolleyes:
  5. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to get the thread off topic but mulcahy which Z master did you get?
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Spring and fall cleanups accounted for about 11% of my gross income for 2005, which is about $2025.
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Leaf removal is about 35 of our revenue. I personally don't care for leave removal time, but it's a neccesary part of our business. There is good money in if you have a good system and the right equipment which is always neccesary.

I enjoy mowing, Mulching, and weed spraying
  9. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Thanks for all the posts! I don't really enjoy doing cleanups. The work is really hard around here, but it's worth it for the money we make. We're pretty much required to do it so we our customers don't go looking around elsewhere to have it done. It's just a no brainer to do the service since it's in demand. Maybe next year we can get more efficient equipment to make the process easier on us. (Dump Trucks, more Redmax 8000's, etc) Good luck with the rest of the cleanups before mowing season starts!
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in the 10-15% range myself, I only do it for regular grass customers who have been with me the whole year so as to keep them from going elsewhere for one... But also because of the pita pricing issue with leaves, I find grass-cutting folks are much quicker to pay what I ask... Where I can give 20 estimates for leaves and not get a single one, and if I get skru'd on leaves it's easier to swallow coming from a regular grass customer's been with me the entire year.

I do have 2 or 3 folks who are leaves only, no hauling.

I will not do leaves cheap, I refuse. I get it all the time, folks think I can clean the yard AND haul them away for like 60 bucks... Come to inform them it's a 40-dollar disposal fee per trailer load, plus 2 hours load and clean labor and another hour haul and unload, so 160-200 / load and it will likely take 2 loads, so plan 350'ish and you guessed it, it's over... I hate the mentality surrounds leaves.

Got a couple jobs left to do, almost done.