Leaf removal price compared to mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Red truck 8, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Red truck 8

Red truck 8 LawnSite Member

How much price difference between mowing and leaf removal? The mowing pays $300. The yard has numerous oak trees in it. How much more should the leaf removal cost? I am thinking between $900-$1200 it is taking 4 times as long to remove the leaves as it takes to mow.

2. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

It's hard to set the leaf cleanup price off of the mowing price, since there are so many variables with cleanup - number of trees, bushes to catch the leaves, wind etc... It sounds like you have done the cleanup and therefore know how long it will take. I would just determine how much you need per hour and multiply that time the number of hours it took.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

4 times as long on a $300 job?
    Sounds like a $1,200 job to me.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I am thinking Envy

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Twelve hundred for a leaf cleanup!!! Call 911, gasp, gasp, wheeze, choke, turning blue:D . I dont know how you folks do it! I know its worth every penny that is why I dont take any yards over about 1/2 acre because 50 bucks is the threshold of pain here whether it takes 2 hours or 4 hours.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

If $1200 sounds right, go for it. Anyone that will pay $300 to have the grass cut, can afford to have the leaves done right.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is that per cut or per month? Wow. Big job.

I get nervous when the tab gets over a certain figure per month. There does seem to be a threshold of pain no matter what one's income level is. When folks get $300 invoices they start thinking "can I get it cheaper?" more often than when it's $120/month and they can't save that much more by trying a new guy.

8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Our clean ups are way different then yours. Ours involve plant removal, serious trimming of overgrowth, weed taming in beds and stuff like that, but we did one recently about 20 man hours and $2250. Price was agreed upfront and 40% deposit paid at signing. need to wait for the chem app to take effect, and spend an hour or so putting down 1/2 pallet of sod and line trimming out the dead tall weeds in beds. Then the balance will be paid.

usually the price issue is in our head. So long as you go in expecting to get 1/3 to 1/2 of the bids you will be fine.

9. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

50 bucks for a half acre? Well.........................I'd move.:dizzy:

But, I guess I am judging apples to oranges. Iowa hard maple, oak, soft maple, ash and those crummy honey locust with those foot long pods and thumb size leaves.

What trees are dominate down your way? Makes a difference.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Leaf removal price compared to mowing?

Answer. There is no comparison.