1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf removal pricing advice needed

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by smallstripesnc, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Couldn't be mine, I'm not in business until 2014. Getting geared up to start after I become legal in January/February.

2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i would wait until april 1st. i mean it doesn't really matter but unless you plan to do snow removal you most likely won't get much business in the winter.

3. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

I don't plan on doing any winter business, the plan is to register as an LLC & become insured around Jan/Feb so that way when I mail out my EDDMs for spring time I'm not lying and saying I'm an LLC when I'm not lol right now just getting all the ducks in a row.

4. hotwired

hotwired LawnSite Member
    from maine

Hi Smallstripesnc,

Sounds like you might be in ... NC? We are in Maine with shorter season, and might be higher hourly wise. We also get 2-6" deep leaves in the course of 3 weeks when Fall really hits.

Our minimum is $200 for a FCU. Our per man per hour rate is $65-$75 per hour. We also have calculated that our FCUs tend to run 7-10 times our mowing price. So if a lawn is $30 to mow, it might be $210-$300 for FCU.