Leaf removal signs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Boycea, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently getting ready for the upcoming fall cleanup season and was thinking of ways to get more leaf cleanup and pile pickup customers. I currently have a one ton dump with a steel slide in leaf box. Does anybody put up signs on their truck in the fall only advertising cleanups and pickups. I currently have signs on my truck but they don't list the services. If anyone has gone this route to get cleanups/pickups any feedback or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

yes... we have a trailer that has the 5 foot sides on it we use pretty much for leaves and brush..... in the fall we change out the signs to a leaf only directed campaign.... this way the neighbors see it... a instantly thing leaves not... landscaping .. then 2 or 3 days later they figure out they have leaves... it seems to work good considering all the attention the vac gets from the noise while running.... the local municipalities here are very slow about picking uppiles left on the curbs by homeowners ( a service they offer) our trailer billboard and vac lands us lots of work when next door doing a full clean up the neighboring home will come out and ask how much to vac up the leaves..... $25-30 for 5-8 minutes of vacum time aint bad. cash on the spot... makes for a good lunch for the guys