Leaf Removal ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alot2lurn, Jul 23, 2006.

1. alot2lurn

alot2lurn LawnSite Member

I have a customer who wants what's left of the leaves his previous LCO left from last year that I haven't mulched up while mowing, cleaned up.My problem isn't the ones in his yard it's the ones in his 1/4 mile long GRAVEL driveway that have been mulched into tiny pieces by his car.He wants them up and out somehow before he applies new gravel to the driveway.I have a Stihl com. blower/vac but I dont think its going to work very well for this as I would be blowing a lot of rocks in the process.Just for curiosities sake while mowing his property I've tried running my Scag ztr down the drive,it didnt work so well.If it were me I'd just put the new gravel on top and forget about it.I've suggested this but I don't want to sound to pushy or unable to take care of it.Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
  2. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I would do the best I could with the blower. 3/4 throttle or something like that. Whatever it removes would be it. The pieces are going to rot in short order. After the new gravel is laid down, he will never see them anyway.

What is he going to do this fall? You will hopefully be there weekly, but in between time, he will be mashing them down with his car again.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just explain to him what's going on.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Tell him for one million dollars you will have a team of 20 illeagals out there working for 1.00 an hour and clean it out. Every last piece will be gone. Or you could blow it the best you can and tell him to lay the gravel. Personally I don't know why any one would want to spend money on something that is going to be covered any ways. It makes no differance.
    But that is why we are in business.
  4. alot2lurn

alot2lurn LawnSite Member

I really don't understand his reasoning either ,some people seem to have more money than common sense.
  5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the client I have that wants all of the leaves removed from her natural area bed before I put down new pine needles. I try to explain to her that its better to leave the leaves. She doesn't care, so I put down needles when no one is home.LOL