1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

leaf removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Roger74428, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Roger74428

Roger74428 LawnSite Member

What is the best way to price removal of fall leaves. When should the work be done considering the yard may refill after the first time. Thanks.
  2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

By the hr. Do a search on this has been asked a million times before. I charge $75hr. wich includes me on and brother both on BR-600s just to blow it into the woods. It $120hr. to have it bagged which includes two other guys.
  3. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

I charge 35 per hour per guy

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

deffently by the hour the amount of leaves on a lawn can change by the day. if you goand quote a price today and tommarrow you go to do it and there twice as much leaves you will be loosing money however if the wind blew a differmt direction and half the leaves are gone the customer may feel cheated. also if you start getting alot of calls you just wont have time to to go and give an estimate. you can make ALOT of money in leaves if you do it right.
  5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

For us it depends....

We do one time cleanup by the job. I estimate the amount of man-hours its going to take and use 40 an hour to calculate the price. Depending on the time of year I'll place a 'valid until x date' on the proposal.

Our commercial accounts we run hourly at 35/hr plus 35/yard removed with the truck loader.

The residentials we are doing a monthly fee. This will be a first year attempting this so we will see how it goes. I've taken the clients we've had and gone back 4 years to calculate how many average hours we put into leaf cleanup for their yard. I then apply the 40/hr. I then take that total price and divide it into 4 equal payments starting in sept and ending in dec. Like I said, first year doing it so we'll see how it goes.
  6. Roger74428

Roger74428 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help I'll start with an hourly wage until they feel satisfied with the yard on residential accounts.
  7. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

if they will let me mulch them and there is not a great deal of blowing involved, i usually charge the mowing fee plus 50%. otherwise i estimate the # of hours involved and multiply that figure by my hourly rate.