leaf removal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by evergreenmike, Oct 28, 2007.

1. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Don't feel bad bill. 2 weeks ago, we poured a cement pad. It cost around $1,200 for materials and labor. I priced the pad according to what they could afford and a little bit more, not what I thought was fair, but WHAT THEY COULD AFFORD. So the final bill came to just over 7k. It was paid within 5 days without any complaints. Of course, this was a condo not "residential"... don't do those whiners.

Moral of the story, charge as much as you can keeping mind the customers expectations. Now this example is just to illustrate the sky is the limit, so don't be shy. A friend of mine has a granite business. They do countertops for home builders and other areas where granite is utilized.
    Do you think he's shy about making about 15k a day in profit... no, he works hard and charges what the market will bear.

Lawncare makes peanuts for profits, so don't be afraid to charge!!!! as much as you can.

:)

2. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

I raise my prices every year. People have come to expect it, with inflation and gas going up. The people I may lose are replaced 10 fold.