1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf removal

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by smikes, Apr 2, 2009.

1. smikes

smikes LawnSite Member

What do you think is the best for leaf removal? For places that build up alot of leaves in the fall and have a place to dump on property, I am interested in a vacuum /mulching type that way the pile is smaller and less problems with piles getting blown around. Some of the places I would use it have lawns that extend into the woods so I would have to manuver easily.

Any thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated!
  2. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have a HPV by Little Giant 6hp motor it has an atachment that you can buy to get into flower beds etc..ran about 800 with commercial discount where i buy my products...they also have a self propelled one which is a bit more expensive...not sure if i would recommend that b/c where i work if it is wet i think the traction would suck and tear the yard up....

it works well with almost all types of debris....does not work well if leaves are soaking wet...
  3. curbking

curbking LawnSite Member

that's a good option. you probably don't need the self propelled version (although it's a great help in the right climate.)
  4. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

I like the blower idea, the self propelled would be nice casue it sucks pulling a walkbehind blower if its hilly, but i dont think it would be to effiecent.
  5. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I do my leaf customers in 3-4 rounds...or...a cleanup once a week for 3-4 weeks. It's easy to keep up with the leaves and it gives me steady work throughout the end of October/beginning of November.
  6. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

buy a walker