Leaf Removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt'slawncare, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I have a question about leaf removal. Would this be included in spring / fall Cleanup or a different thing all together? I'm asking this cause i was wondering how to put it on a advertisement. Also when is the best time to de-thatch a lawn a lawn spring or fall? Thanks for the help.

Matt

2. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

if i do it in the fall it is leaf removal, if i do it in the spring it is called spring clean up stating that leaf removal will be included in clean up

3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I advertise spring/fall cleanup in my adverts...

In Ct, fall cleanup is cleaning up the leaves. Spring cleanup is for the people who wanted to wait for spring to get em cleaned up, plus all the twigs, branches, sand from plow trucks etc...

Then there are the people who want there leaves cleaned up in the fall, then want the residue as mentioned above cleaned up in the spring.

I usually dethatch in the spring if it is required. My regular customers dont need it, but I push it on new clients if there is hint that they need it. I usually dethatch then fertilize right after that...:drinkup:

mowedg061thm.gif

4. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help!! I thought the sameway you guys did but i didn't know if people would see it the way we do, if you know what i mean.