Leaf Removal?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jjvvdd, Mar 13, 2005.

1. jjvvdd

jjvvdd LawnSite Member
    from kansas

I've been bagging leaves up from raking(raking in pile then putting pile in trash bags) Would it be easier to just mow over with mower then bag the second mow over?(put mulched leaves into trash bag from mower bag)
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

There is no fat easy way to remove leaves. I think if its only just you or you and one other person then mowing over with a good mulching blade then bagging would be the best solution for you. That or blow them into a pyle then tarp them into your truck. Hope this helps. :waving:
  3. jjvvdd

jjvvdd LawnSite Member
    from kansas

Yea, its me and another worker. I think I'm going to mulch them then dump the mower bag into the truck. I have to empty the leaves from the bags where I dispose them anyway, no sense in bagging them.
    Thanks a bunch :waving:
    Dodson Lawn Care
  4. jackflash

jackflash LawnSite Member

no easy answer, bagging is difficult. i use an accelerator bagger on my w/b. it's the best solution for me so far.
  5. lawnwerx1234

lawnwerx1234 LawnSite Member

Rake em in a pile and burn em.
  6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Blown into a pile, then loaded into dump trailer via leaf loader. It's the fastest way I know to load leave into a truck/trailer. Of course the cost is kinda high. My setup cost me 3k...~2k for leaf loader, 100 bucks for welder, 500 bucks for tarp setup on trailer.

However, you will save hours in a day with one of these things. JMO