Leaf Rig up and running!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Truly Beautiful Lawn Care, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Actually, we initially had this idea. The loader would swing away separate from the door so I could dump without removing. That got pretty expensive! So we came up with this simple idea. Now, all I have to do is get a mesh tarp, lots of bungee straps and cover the dump. Right now, It contains whatever the loader shoots out. Just going to try and contain just a little more dust. Running it wide open... this thing is a beast!

2. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

with the loader mounted on the gate like that can you still tow your trailer without fear of crunching the loader or equipment on the trailer?

3. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set up. I guess in Jacksonville you get more leaf work than over here in New Orleans. Here our real cleanup is late because most of our trees are live oaks. I would assume you would have the same.

Have a small dump and trying to figure out a set up now. Gonna use it for post mardi gras clean ups. So lots of litter and beer cans. Should be able to advertise and make it work for other things besides leaves.

When you get a chance could you post some pictures of your mount set up.

Thanks

4. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Whoa. New Orleans. My home town! What picd would you like to see?

5. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Had to cut a small section of the top rail off trailer. No I can make a full turn without fear of it hitting trailer. This was a lot cheaper than extending trailer tongue.

6. ddavidone

ddavidone LawnSite Member

Wow. that's the coolest F***ing thing ive ever seen.

7. M&S_Lawncare

M&S_Lawncare LawnSite Member

like to see more pics!!!

Any and all of them plz n ty !!!

8. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Sorry for the delay. Took some pics of the "receiver" beneath dump. Thus far, things are going well with leaf removal. But as you know, still some trial and error with tarps!

20131213_092237.jpg

20131213_094121.jpg

20131213_094129.jpg

20131213_094135.jpg

20131213_094406.jpg

20131213_095514.jpg

20131213_095556.jpg

9. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

what type of material do you use to cover the top , and where do you get it at? Does it hold up well?

10. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

You have a really nice setup! Its similiar to mine.