1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Rig up and running!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Truly Beautiful Lawn Care, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Sorry for the delay. Its basically a removeable metal shell. On top of that, we used the material that goes under stucco (forgot the name). Covered the entire shell with this material. I was still getting lots of blowby. So doubled up a mesh tarp. Feel free to ask anymore questions. Thanks, J

2. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Thanks. Any pics? Would like to see where I can improve on my set up. Thanks, J

3. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Truly,
    Try getting concrete debris tarps. Very sturdy, durable and multi functional. It should come in a big roll at a contractor supply house. You can cut what you need to cover the top. Use a grommet set to make holes or weave/sew in a 1/2 braided rope around the edges. The debris tarps are what we use to pull loads of leaves and brush from the back yard to the front(old grunt style). After 4 years we finally wore our first one out.
    By the way, Great Set Up!!!!

4. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Thanks for the info on the tarp. Researching it now. Thanks for the props on the set up!

5. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Truly,
    I was a bit wrong in naming. It is just referred to as a debris tarp. Here is a link. It is a bit pricey but it last for a very long time.

http://www.eagleencl.com/debrisnetting

I get mine from Hertz Contractor Supply here in KC.