Leaf rig

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by iowa, Oct 10, 2006.

1. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Check it out:

fall (1).JPG

fall (2).JPG

2. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

looks great!! how much did that set up cost you?

3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

do you have to remove the loader to dump?

4. iowa

from NW IA

Loader was $2500, wood $100. We initially were going to use the BG swing away hitch too, but the reciever hitch is too low to the ground so the pipe wouldnt be very high up on the box. I'm fine with taking it off every time.

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

How much dust do those things generate? I heard it can be real dusty. I need something like that though. HOA I have had 5 acres of leaves a few inches deep and some of the trees haven't even started to drop yet.

6. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

billy goat makes extensions so you can raise the height. heres a shot of my leaf setup from a few years ago with the extension i purchased.

leaf box 2.JPG

7. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Lucky $H*T lol, I would give anything to have a Truck Vac like that. Looks nice, good luck with it.. Your gonna be making good $$$$$!!

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What size engine does that have? Is it the 12hp briggs on it? How do you like it? I was looking into a billy goat truck loader with a 10-12 briggs. (I cant remember exactly what size it was.)

9. iowa

from NW IA

Don't get the briggs shell out the extra cash for the 13hp honda. Thats what mine is. I've tried to clog it and it wont clog.

10. capecodlawn

capecodlawn LawnSite Member

Seeing how this must increase your productivity, what do you charge per hour when this is on site. Let's say you normally charge $35 man / hour for leaf clean up, using back pack blowers, traditional dump, etc. Then you show up with this WMD and you blow through the job... what do you charge, have a minimum, etc?? Thanks I am in the Northeast, and hope to be doing leaves all winter. :)