1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leaf Sales?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Even Cut Lawn Care, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Does Anybody Sell The Leaves That They Remove From Lawns? I Had A Lady Call Me Today Wanting To Buy "all I Can Bring Her" She Lives About 20 Minutes From Me. Is This Common? What Should I Charge Its Just Gonna Be Icing On The Cake But I Dont Wanna Scare Her Off With A Price Thats Too High. What Do Yall Think?
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL... pay for leaves!! Be thankful if you can get rid of them for free! We get banged to dump leaves around here. People have wised up quite a bit.
  3. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would love to get paid to dump my leaves we are collecting 40 shredded yards in a days time that would be awesome!!!!!!
  4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Just charge her transport fees, to cover fuel, and say thank-you :)
    Maybe you can buy composted topdressing from her at a good price.
  5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Try asking her what "she" wants to pay for them. You could wind up getting more than if you "tell her" what you want for them.

Let us know what happened. Most of these types of posts, the original poster never comes back to give feedback. It's the least you could do for all our typing...:laugh:

6. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

LOL ok will do
  7. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

let us know what she says
  8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Smallaxe...It sounds like she's making some good compost.